Thursday, April 4, 2013

Technology wiki and movie

Emergent Technology review wiki

I had to research two emergent technologies and review them by creating a wiki page for a class project. This was really informative lesson because I learned about three things at once. For one thing, I learned about creating wiki pages-which I struggled a little on its navigation- and then I got to know about a lot of emerging technologies and think about what I can do with them in class as well as its pros and cons.

The technologies I reviewed were Cacoo-which allows users to create mind maps and diagrams, and Voki-which allows users to create talking avatars.

Cacoo seemed really useful for organization tools, students AND teachers can definitely use this for projects and activities for classes. What's really good about this web is that it allows real-time collaboration, so when you share this with someone and people edit it, it's edited on the page.

Voki seems like just a fun childish playing tools at first glance, but its potential is very wide. Think about it, the avatar that records your voices and talk. This could be a great attention grabber if it's incorporated into classroom and students can use this to practice their speeches by hearing what they recorded, not to mention it's fun. Too bad you can only record about 1 minute though

Long story short, check out my wiki reviews- Emergent technology wiki

Movie making project

I also had to make educational video for this class. I actually knew about video making pretty well since I love creating music videos for fun! So I really had fun making this project. I think we were supposed to use windows movie maker, but I was just really comfortable with Sony Vegas, so I made a movie with that instead. I've been skeptical about internet educational videos, but when I looked around, I learned there are actually a lot of really good educational videos out there that can definitely be used in classroom settings. I should take a note for that in the future. My video was about creating 5 paragraph essay, simple but there are people out there who struggles with this!



Hamburger pun intended. I tried to make it fun and simple as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment